Saturday, August 31, 2013

Wedding Tips- DO it yourself Wedding on a Budget!!

I have learned so much about wedding planning with my upcoming wedding in September. I really want to share some wonderful tips to help any future brides! I want to start by saying yes I made everything from scratch! From decor to bouquets to all the bridal jewelry. It did take a lot of time but I believe it was well worth it. My wedding will be one of a kind. You don't have to spend a fortune to have a beautiful one of a kind wedding!

 A little about my wedding.

 A Fall wedding with a rustic outdoor theme. I used mason jars and skeleton keys to accent everything and added sparkle wherever I could!! I love sparkle! My colors are copper & olive green. Our venue is a beautiful farm with a barn converted to a reception hall. I used lots of burlap!

The Dress.
My dress is a beautiful strapless a-line gown with crystal embellished bodice with a corsette back. It has many pick ups and is made of white taffeta! Absolutely stunning. 

Tips on how to manage. 
I will be honest at first I was completely overwhelmed. The first step was getting my vision down on paper. That really helped me make a to do list. I broke it down into sections. I wrote down everything I intended on making along with all the things I needed to purchase. As I would complete it I marked it with a check mark. You DO NOT have to rush and finish eveything all at once. I started on my list early at least 6-8 months before the wedding. I work long hours at my full time job so I worked on it on weekends and afternoons. Once you break the list down into smaller more manageable tasks it seems a lot less overwhelming.

Check back and I will post all the wonderful things I made for my wedding and share advice on everything Wedding!!





1 comment: